Pleasanton High School NEWS
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
· I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
· Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
o Moment of Silence:
· STUDENTS: You should have turned in your hours this past FRIDAY. These hours should be turned in as soon as possible, please do so during breakfast and the passing periods.
· All students are asked to wear their class t-shirts TOMORROW, it is the last day to be a senior, junior, sophomore or freshman for the 2017 school year. Go by the library as an individual or a group of friends to take picture by Mrs. Moos during passing periods.
· Attention students: You can still order your 2017 yearbook! We will not be ordering extra books this year, so make sure you order yours before the last day of school. You can order online at www.jostensyearbooks.com or stop by and see Mrs. Arnold in the art room.
· Congratulations to next year’s Sophomore Class Officers. Delanee Olivarri—President, Madelyn Bird—Vice-President, Lauren Dowdy—Secretary, and Shelby Henson—Treasurer. Great job ladies!
· Seniors: Final rank and GPAs have been updated. Go by the counseling office in between classes or during your off periods for your updated UNOFFICIAL transcript.
· Students: Please pick up your letter jacket in the cafeteria TODAY during both lunches. Theses jackets are from semester one events.
· Students interested in taking Driver's Ed prior to school, it starts in August, you should stop by room 505 to see Mrs. Diaz for an application. Space is limited to first come first served.
· Students: Any student with medications in the Nurse's Office, please go by and see Mrs. Salinas.
· Students: Will you take your driving test this summer? Or get your license? See Mrs. Higginbotham in the front office to get your VOE, verification of enrollment.
· This concludes our announcements, thank you & make it a Great Day!
DRESS CODE CHECK BY TEACHERS: Teachers it is time for a dress code check. You should look for the following dress code violations:
§ No Spaghetti Straps
§ No Sleeveless for Boys
§ No Holes in Clothes ****
§ No Facial Piercing / Gauges ****
§ Boys: No Earrings **** Earrings cannot be covered with a bandage
§ No hair Unnatural Hair Color
§ Boys: No Hair Longer than 1 ½” tall or Touching Eyebrows ****
§ Boys: No Facial Hair ****
§ No Shorts (2 ½” Inches from Top of Knee)
§ No Visible Tattoos ****